George Paras speaks on “Enterprise Alignment through Enterprise Architecture and Governance”
I am pleased to have been invited to join Ronald Ross, Roger Burlton and many other noted speakers to present at this year’s Business Rules Forumat the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas. I will be presenting on Monday, November 2 during the all-day Business Alignment Symposium and also participating in a panel discussion with the rest of the Symposium faculty at the end of the day.
Title: “Enterprise Alignment through Enterprise Architecture and Governance”
Achieving ambitious, large scale enterprise transformation demands unique competencies and perspectives, different from those required for day-to-day project execution and operations. It requires an enterprise view of alignment, bridging big-picture strategy consistently into hundreds of smaller scale implementation and operational decisions. Enterprise Architecture (EA) and effective Governance are two of those critical competencies. This session will explore the techniques and approaches that leading organizations use to institutionalize these core management disciplines, reaching beyond the IT department to create a true partnership with business leadership.
- How to sort out competing Business, IT and EA priorities
- Perspectives: Strategic vs. Tactical, Enterprise vs. Project, Process vs. Content
- The Enterprise View – Capabilities, Portfolios and Roadmaps
- Alignment deliverables for the executive and models for EA consumer
- The human challenge – Culture, People, Persuasion, Roles, Responsibilities